Primary Swimming Gala
Date(s) - 10/02/2023
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
iCal - Add to My Calendar
Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
Year 3&4 and Y5&6
• 1 x 25m breaststroke (boys and girls race)
• 1 x 25m backstroke (boys and girls race)
• 1 x 25m freestyle (boys and girls race)
Year 3&4 only
• 4 x 25m freestyle mixed relay (2 girls and 2 boys)
Year 5&6 only
• 4 x 25m freestyle relay (boys and girls race)
• 4 x 25m mixed stroke relay (boys and girls race)
Competition – Mixed Ability – No Tier
- A Team consists of a minimum of 14 pupils and a maximum of 24 pupils.
- Minimum team requirements:
- Year 3&4 – 3 x girls + 3 x boys
- Year 5&6 4 x girls + 4 x boys
- All individual races start in the water, starting at the deep end and finishing at the shallow end
- Every swimmer must be able to swim 25m confidently and tread water for at least 30 seconds in deep water.
- Each swimmer can only participate in 1 individual event and 2 team events each
- Each school will be awarded points for each event depending on their individual time
- The freestyle team events can be swam in any order and start and finish at the shallow end.
- The freestyle events can be swam any stroke.
- The mixed stroke team events must be swam backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle, freestyle and start and finish at the shallow end.
Full rules can be found below
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAY:
- Swimming costume / trunks
- Light refreshing
The Winning School Team will represent the Sedgefield District at The County Durham Swimming Finals on Friday 3rd March 2023. at Freemans Quay pool, Durham City.
- Amy McGillivary
- Lisa Goldsborough
- Laura Plumb
- Kirsty Cooper
- Ryan Ward
- Becky Simpson
- Heidi Sowerby
- Gary Ayres
Book Your Place Below
Bookings are closed for this event.